The sharing of appreciation is always appreciated. So, when someone goes out of their way to give you money, whether it be for your birthday or a holiday, make sure that you reach out back out and say, “Thank you.” Sometimes that’s easier said than done, however, which is why we’re sharing how to thank someone for money!
Coming up with the right words to say when you receive money can feel a little awkward. Then, trying to figure it out can become overwhelming and many of us begin to procrastinate writing out thank you cards and notes, eventually forgetting to send them out completely.
But it’s important to remember that when someone gives a monetary gift, they likely find it off-putting if a simple show of appreciation is not returned, like in the form of a thank you card. And although it might seem like a daunting task, we’re turning it into an easy and quick, really no-big-deal-at-all task—just for you!
Here are 57 ways to say “thank you” to someone that gives you money. And we even broke it down by occasion. Let’s share that gratitude!
Related: 50 Thankful Quotes for Practicing Gratitude All Year Long
Best ways to thank someone for Christmas money
1. Ho! Ho! Ho! Thank you so much for the money you sent. I hope you had a fantastic Christmas.
2. Happy Holidays to you! I am so thankful for your kindhearted gift of money.
3. I was not expecting the money I got from you for Christmas. I am saving for something larger, and this will certainly help.
4. Wow! Getting money from you for Christmas was an unexpected treat. Thank you.
5. I am putting this Christmas money from you into my savings for a rainy day. Thank you so much for the money.
6. Money was such a fantastic gift to have received from you. Thank you so kindly for making my Christmas a little bit brighter.
7. Thank you for the money this Christmas. I will “jingle all the way” to the store and buy something to treat myself with it.
8. It means a great deal that you would send me money for Christmas. I really appreciate you.
9. What a thoughtful gift! I am really grateful for you giving me money this Christmas.
10. The money you sent me for Christmas is greatly appreciated. I will be saving it up for a future purchase.
11. It still looks like a “White Christmas” but mine quickly turned green with all of that money you sent! Thank you so much for loving me!
Related: Celebrate the Good Life You’ve Been Given! 50 Perfect Bible Verses About Gratitude
Best ways to thank someone for money around the holidays
12. It is so unbelievably thoughtful of you to send money for [holiday name]. I will have fun spending it.
13. Thank you so much for the money surprise. I am very appreciative that you would think of me on [holiday name].
14. What a huge surprise to have received money from you for [holiday name]. I will make sure to spend it on something that will remind me of you.
15. You rock! I mean you rock! Thank you so much for the money. It could not have come at a better time.
16. Thank you! You sending money to me during [holiday name] could not have been in more perfect in timing.
17. With the money you sent, I now have enough to buy something that I have been saving for a long time. Thank you!
18. You made my day! Thank you for the money I got from you for [holiday name].
19. You really know how to make a person smile! Thank you for the money you gave me.
20. Thank you for coming to our [holiday name]. It was so good to see you, and I am beyond thankful for the money you gave me.
21. What a thoughtful gift! Thank you for thinking enough of me to send me money.
22. The money was so considerate of you. You really made my [holiday name].
23. This has been the best [holiday name] yet! Thanks for being a part of the celebration and for gifting me money.
Best ways to thank someone for birthday money
24. The money I received from you is a fantastic surprise. I will put it towards something special.
25. Thank you! Thank you! I cannot say thank you enough for the generous money gift that I got from you.
26. I cannot wait to find something special to buy with the money that I got from you for my birthday. Thank you kindly.
27. Oh, man! I am so thankful to have such a special [friend/relative] that would wish me Happy Birthday with money! Thank you.
28. I am so happy you could come to my birthday. Gratefulness is what I feel after getting your generous money gift.
29. Thank you for caring enough for me that you would give me money for my birthday. It is appreciated.
30. I am not sure what I would like to purchase yet with the money you gave me for my birthday, but I will tell you what it is when I figure it out. Thank you.
31. Thank you for the birthday money! You are the best!
32. I am not sure I can express how much the money you gave me for my birthday means to me. Thank you very much.
33. Wow! I am amazed by your generosity. Thanks for the birthday money.
34. You made this the best birthday ever with the money you gave me. Thank you for making this one to remember.
Related: Pay It Forward! Here Are 97 Ways to Show Someone You Genuinely Appreciate Them
Best ways to thank someone for graduation money
35. Thank you for the money. Your generosity will go towards my college expenses next year!
36. I will definitely be able to use this money when I am at college this fall. Thank you so much for the money.
37. The money you gave me will be put to good use. Thank you so much.
38. Thank you! I am so appreciative of the money that you gave me for graduation.
39. On to the next chapter in my life! Thank you for the money, it will definitely be helpful.
40. It is so kindhearted of you to give me money. Thank you.
41. It was a very nice surprise to receive money from you for graduation. I will spend it wisely.
42. The money you sent was truly appreciated. I will make sure to have fun while spending it.
43. You have no idea how much this gift of money means to me. I appreciate your thoughtfulness.
44. I am at a loss for words. Your big-hearted gift means so much to me. Thank you!
45. I am so glad you could make the trip in order to celebrate my graduation. Thank you for supporting me!
Related: What To Write in a Thank You Card—for Gifts, for Help, to Teachers, and More!
Best ways to thank someone for money when it was unexpected
46. Thank you for choosing to spend money on me. It really means a lot.
47. I really needed the extra money right now, and boy did you come through like a saint. Thank you does not completely express my gratitude.
48. I was not expecting such a kind gift, but I will be sure to make the most of it.
49. You are an amazing [friend/relative]! The money you sent is like a wish come true! Thank you!
50. I am not even prepared to spend such an unexpected gift. I will save it until the right thing comes along. Thank you!
51. I had no idea you cared so much for me. Thank you, with all of my heart, for the money.
52. Thank you for celebrating my big day with me. I didn’t expect to get anything like this, but I sure can’t thank you enough.
53. Your gift was such an unexpected treat! Thank you for the money. And thank you for being you!
54. I just wanted to take the time to express my gratitude for the money you gave me. It will be perfect for a little cheer on a rainy day!
55. I just wanted to give thanks to you. The money I received from you was such a splendid gift.
56. I could not be more thankful for the money that you gave me. I am so blessed to have you in my life.
57. Receiving money from you was so awesome! I have so many awesome people in my life, and you are no exception.
Next up: 50 Easy Ways to Practice Gratitude That’ll Make Your Day Even Better