The biggest fight in the history of women’s boxing is set to go down on Saturday night when undisputed lightweight champion Katie Taylor defends her four world titles against unified featherweight champion Amanda Serrano. The showdown takes place at New York’s Madison Square Garden, the first time women have headlined a card from the legendary venue (7:30 p.m. ET, DAZN — subscribe now).
Taylor is undefeated as a professional at 20-0 and has been undisputed champion since June 2019, defending her four titles five times since unifying. In Serrano, she faces a woman who has won world championships across seven weight classes, including her current status as the WBC and WBO featherweight champion. She now returns to lightweight, where she won a world title in 2014, to battle Taylor in the biggest fight of her career.
Elsewhere on this card, veterans Liam Smith and Jessie Vargas are set to make their returns to the ring. Smith, the Englishman who once held the WBO title at 154 pounds before losing to Canelo Alvarez in 2016, is back after a pair of bouts in 2021. He lost to Magomed Kurbanov in May before rebounding with a win over Anthony Fowler in October. Vargas, meanwhile, has been out of action since a February 2020 loss to Mikey Garcia. He’s only lost to elite fighters over his 34-fight career, including defeats to Garcia, Manny Pacquiao and Timothy Bradley.
And another women’s unification bout is set to take place as well. Franchon Crews-Dezurn and Elin Cederroos are set to battle for all four titles at super middleweight. Crews-Dezurn, 34, is unbeaten since losing her pro debut to multi-division champion Claressa Shields in November 2016. Cederroos, meanwhile, is undefeated in eight pro bouts since debuting in 2017. She has not fought since January 2020 when she outpointed Alicia Napoleon to take the WBA title.
The action is all set to go down from Madison Square Garden in New York on Saturday night. The undercard action gets underway at 7:30 p.m. ET with the main event ring walks expected at approximately 10:15 p.m. ET. The rest of the fight card and viewing information is listed below.
- Date: April 30 | Location: Madison Square Garden — New York
- Start time: 7:30 p.m. ET (main event set for approximately 10:15 p.m. ET)
- How to watch/stream: DAZN (subscribe now)
Taylor vs. Serrano fight card, odds
- Katie Taylor (c) +125 vs. Amanda Serrano -150, undisputed lightweight championship
- Liam Smith -270 vs. Jessie Vargas +220, super welterweight
- Franchon Crews-Dezurn (c) -150 vs. Elin Cederroos (c) +125, undisputed super middleweight championship
- Austin Williams -490 vs. Chordale Booker +370, middleweight
- Galal Yafai -2200 vs. Miguel Cartagena +1100, flyweight