We love getting a chance to talk with business owners that have carved out a successful niche for themselves. Today we’re sitting down with Dean Hung, Founder of Orchid Insanity. Dean has built a successful business selling Orchids on his website, eBay and Etsy.
Listen and learn about the challenges of selling products that have to stay alive when shipping them worldwide and more!
- 00:00:00 Small Business Show #335 for Wednesday, July 7, 2021
- Dean Hung from Orchid Insanity
- The riches are in the niches!
- A Hobby Gone Wild: From obsession to addiction to… profit!
- Failure: Business cards
- We don’t control the weather
- Etsy is slick, fast, and easy-to-use. Learns from everyone else’s mistakes
- 00:16:35 SPONSOR: Custom Comet creates custom merchandise for your business. Air fresheners, coasters, coffee sleeves, stickers, and more. Let Custom Comet help your brand create a unique and memorable promotional product. Mention Small Business Show for 5% off!
- 00:18:22 Plants are low-stress! Managing customer expectations is the trick
- Leveraging the Scotty Principle with Your Website Photos
- Learning from Seinfeld’s J. Peterman
- Make sure you care
- Be a nerd! Make mistakes
- Get a free copy of Mistakes!
- SBS 335 Outtro