PHOENIX – From a hit-and-run crash caught on camera to a political party asking supporters if they’d pay $100 to help choose a nominee, here’s a look at some of our top stories for Saturday, Nov. 18, 2023.
1. Phoenix hit-and-run crash caught on camera; suspect search continues
2. Armed woman shot in Chandler shopping center parking lot wasn’t following commands, police say
3. Large metal gate falls on child at Tucson-area school, killing her
4. The No Labels party asked its supporters if they would pay $100 to help choose its 2024 nominee
No Labels, a political organization that has alarmed some Democrats with talk of launching a third-party presidential candidate, has contemplated requiring a donation of at least $100 in order to cast a ballot at the group’s upcoming nominating convention. Read more.
5. Honda recalls nearly 250K vehicles because bearings can fail
Honda Pilot (Photo by Roberto Machado Noa/LightRocket via Getty Images)
Honda is recalling nearly 250,000 vehicles in the U.S. because bearings can fail, causing the engines to stall and increasing the risk of a crash. The recall covers certain 2018 and 2019 Honda Pilot SUVs and Odyssey minivans and some 2017 and 2019 Ridgeline pickup trucks. Also affected are certain 2015 to 2020 Acura TLX cars and some 2016 to 2020 Acura MDX SUVs. Read more.
A look at what’s happening this weekend